As the month of Muharram is coming closer the hearts of momineen are getting impatient with the love of Aba Abdillah Imam Hussain a.s.
Imam Hussain took the mission of Karbala in order to revive the religion of Islam with few companions. His stand was not for power or rule, rather it was against tyranny, injustice, immorality and abuse which was happening towards the religion of Islam.
Muharram is the time to renew our allegiance of faithfulness with Imam of our time. InshaAllah this year in the holy month of Muharram we will take our oath with our present Imam a.j.f.s to be faithful towards the values of the religion Islam and do efforts towards the betterment of humanity.
Similar to past many years Islamic Ahlulbayt Foundation of New Zealand will be hosting English language Majlis programs from 1st till 12th of Muharram.
Molana Seyed Mothafar Al-Qazwini who is from Karbala Iraq and belongs to a respectable family will be conducting 12 majalis starting from the 1st of Muharram (tentatively Monday 3rd October).
From 1st Muharram till 12th Muharram program schedule
- 7.30pm – Ziyarat E Ashura
- Recitation of Quran
- Main Lecture
- Latmiya & Noha (Urdu, Farsi & Arabic)
- For children between 3 years to 9 years of age, there will be childcare services every night volunteered by Ansar Ul Hussain. It is requested from all parents to coordinate with Sister Afasneh, Sister Aula and Sister Zahra and other Ansar Ul Hussain volunteers. For kids under the age of 3 and under mothers are required to accompany the child.
- Please respect parking as most of the programs will be during working days. We will have nominated volunteers who will help with the parking arrangements, please cooperate with them.
- On the day of Ashura which will be on a working day, we encourage all drivers to park their cars at Lloyd Elsmore Park. There will shuttle service to and from the park to commute the drivers to Hussainya.
- Youth of Ansar Ul Hussain are creating a diorama showcasing the events of Karbala in a model form which will be available for ziyarat.
- Keeping Hussainya clean and tidy is our responsibility being Muslims and it is requested to keep the halls and areas around hussainya clean and tidy.
- Youth sessions with the Molana Seyed Mothafar Al-Qazwini will be announced during the programs.
- Please cooperate with volunteers Ansar ul Hussain and feel free to approach them in case you need any assistance.
- For contribution in Muharram program, Nazr or otherwise please contact the office.
- Dinner will be provided from 1st till 10th of Muharram, we will announce for the dinner for 11th and 12th in case someone sponsors the dinner.